Payment for treatments and services at WIH International Hospital can be made by either self-payment or through health insurance. Please find more details on each type of payment available below.
Types of payment available
We accept payment by cash in Thai Baht and other currencies with our announced exchange rate.
• Wire Transfer (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers)
We accept payment made by money transfer into WIH International Hospital Account. For detail of wire transfer, please contact our customer service at (+66) 0 2078 8919.
• Credit/Debit Card
We accept payment made by credit cards using the following international payment networks: VISA, MasterCard, JCB and UnionPay. Payment made by Thai debit card is also accepted.
We accept payment made via Payment Gateway, Thai QR, and Payment Link by Visa, MasterCard and JCB Credit cards as well as Thai debit cards, AMEX, Alipay, WeChat Pay and UPI.
We do not accept any other cheques except for cashier cheque.
• Personal Cheque, Entity Cheque and Traveler’s Cheque
• Non-Thai Debit Cards
Disclaimer: The exchange rate will be based on the local bank’s rate. If patient is to be refunded by credit line, it will be refunded in Thai Baht which will be converted into patient’s home currency at the destination bank and is subject to the bank exchange rate, and the buying and selling rate.
Payment, Deposit, Reschedule and Cancellation Policy
• Deposit Date is the date we have receive 20% (as a minimum) of total surgery fee that patient agreed with WIH International Hospital.
• Surgery Date is the date both patient and WIH International Hospital agreed to set as an operation date. The surgery date will not be scheduled beyond 1 year in advance from the current date.
• WIH International Hospital reserves the right to make minor adjustments to the scheduled date or time. Any changes to the schedule will always be informed in advance; these changes will not affect your procedure(s) or travel itinerary or recovery process.
• Current Price is the latest published price. Each procedure price is subjected to be reviewed and may be adjusted to reflect the increasing cost of business.
• The revised price will be informed to the group of patients who are affected by this change.
• 20% of total surgery fee is required in order to book (reserve) your surgery with us.
• The deposit you pay is based on the current procedure price list at the date of booking your surgery date.
• The exact amount of the remaining balance to be paid may depends on the date when the surgery fee is paid in full. (Please note that for reservation dates that are far in advance, the exact amount you pay in other currency will vary due to currency exchange rates and our price list is subject to change)
• If the deposit date and the surgery date are in different year, your remaining balance may be affected by the price change and you will be informed by us via email in advance.
Reschedule the surgery before the informed arrival date due to personal or medical reason(s)
|Reschedule notice prior to surgery date||Forfeit amount|
|More than 90 days||No forfeit|
|Between 90 to 45 days||10% of total surgery fee|
|Less than 45 days||10% of total surgery fee|
• We will accept to reschedule the surgery only once and the new surgery date that will be mutually agreed should be within one year from the old surgery date.
• Once the forfeit has been applied on your deposit and the balance of your deposit is less than 20% of the total surgery fee, it is necessary to send the remaining amount to complete the required 20% deposit within 30 days of the reschedule notice to reserve the new surgery date.
• A 20% forfeit of total surgery fee will be applied under the following circumstances:
- The patient does not respond to select the new surgery date and/or fail to reserve the new surgery date by sending the remaining amount to complete the required 20% deposit within 30 days of the reschedule notice.
- The patient cancels the rescheduled surgery date any time after the new surgery date has been mutually agreed.
- The patient does not show up for the rescheduled surgery.
Reschedule the surgery on the consultation day due to failure to settle the remaining balance
• The balance of the surgery fee must be finalized on or before the day of the preoperative consultation. Otherwise, the surgery will be rescheduled and the 20% of the total surgery fee will be forfeited.
• The new surgery date will be scheduled within 30 days from the original surgery date.
Reschedule the surgery after the consultation due to personal or medical reason(s)
• 50% of the total surgery fee will be forfeited and the new surgery date will be selected within 30 days.
• The new surgery date must be within 1 year from the original surgery date.
• Cancellation with more than 6 month notice prior to surgery date – 5% of total surgery fee will be forfeited.
• Cancellation with 6 to 4 month notice prior to surgery date – 10% of total surgery fee will be forfeited.
• Cancellation with 4 to 2 month notice prior to surgery date – 15% of total surgery fee will be forfeited.
• Cancellation with less than 2 month notice prior to surgery date – 20% of total surgery fee will be forfeited.
• Cancellation after the informed arrival date in Bangkok, Thailand – No refund of the total fee.
Hospital policy on insured patient
• For OPD visits, there is no direct billing on with non-contracted insurance. Patient will be required to pay in full amount. WIH will provide the documents needed for patient to proceed with the process of filing claim with insurance company directly.
• For admission, patient will be required to pay surgery fee in full amount. WIH will coordinate with insurance company to get a letter of guarantee from contracted insurance company or contracted Assistant company. If the hospital does not get the letter of guarantee by the discharge date, patient will be responsible to pay the full amount and may file claim directly with insurance company for reimbursement.
• For OPD visit that has direct billing, WIH will either check insurance benefits from insurance website or contact insurance company for letter of guarantee.
• For any procedure that needs pre-authorization such as CT/MRI, our Third-Party Payor department will contact the insurance company for pre-authorization letter.
• Patient will be asked to pay a deposit if there is no letter of guarantee from insurance.
• If the hospital does not get the letter of guarantee on the discharge date, patient will be responsible to pay the bill in full amount.
• The deposit will be refunded if hospital gets the letter of guarantee before or on the discharge date.
• Patient is responsible for any excess, deductible or co-payment.
To find out what insurance we accept, please contact us for more information.